Friday, March 14, 2008

Forgiveness

I suppose this has been coming for a long time. Another teacher told me yesterday that she had a talk with her students to let them know that she accepts the fact that she can't save them all. Today, I have come to the same conclusion. I have also concluded that unless I want to feel resentful all my life regarding certain students' self-centered behavior, I need to learn to forgive them for not being raised well enough to know how to be better people. 

Oh, but here are my silver linings:
1.  A son who will make salad for the family without a murmur of complaint. Thank goodness, because I don't think I could really handle another teenager with a "me, me, me" attitude.

2. A bunch of students who WILL work tremendously hard, and know that their kindness and good attitude will make a difference in others.... They may not know that I am affected by their goodness, but I guess I have to let them know how grateful I am for their existence in my life.

3. The husband, who once again, reminds me to smile and laugh at myself.

There. I feel better. May those young men who haven't yet figured out how to be kind and respectful people find it in themselves before it's too late.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home